The Sustainability Lab aims to contribute to a safe and just space for all of humanity, now and in the future, within planetary boundaries. We do that through a focus on the ecological, social, and cultural sustainability of digital artefacts and the practices that they shape.
The Lab is a meeting space for students and faculty at IFI, as well as for the wider UiO community, wishing to contribute to strengthening sustainable human modes of planetary habitation.
The Lab actively contributes to the transition to more sustainable futures, informed by systems thinking, regenerative thinking, repair thinking, and design thinking.
What we do
- Provide an inspiring lab environment to students and faculty
- Critical inquiry into existing knowledges and practices
- Adapt and develop methodologies and methods
- Collaborate across disciplines and projects
- Organise workshops and seminars